Saturday, June 25, 2005

DO Try This At Home

Okay, here's a totally random post. Like I've said before, good, sharp knives and an iron skillet are basic kitchen staples, right? Well, I got some new knives and they are sharp, sharp, sharp. I was slicing and dicing away and pretty much in heaven. Then the other day I cut my finger pretty bad. Well I guess you could say I cut it pretty good because it would not quit bleeding. After four or five bandaids it was still bleeding.

Lupe, who helps me around the house had a suggestion: cobwebs. Cobwebs? Now of course my first reaction was "Lupe, if you're doing what you SHOULD be doing here there shouldn't BE any cobwebs." My next reaction was "eeewwwww, how disgustingly unsanitary and downright nuts."

Guess what? Worked like a charm. Didn't even faze me that it only took her seconds to find a nice big clump of cobweb uh, material. She balled it up, slapped it on, put the bandaid back on and wala - bleeding stopped immediately. Sounds to me like a medical breakthrough. Wonder if the research scientists and medical gurus know about this novel little bit of info?

She also swears by mustard on a burn but haven't tried that one yet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home