Thursday, July 07, 2005

Terror in London

I grew up in Oklahoma City and wept with anguished grief as I watched the live coverage of the bombing of the Murrah Bldg. and waited for my sister to call saying she was okay.

I watched again with tears streaming down my cheeks as the twin towers fell in smoke and rubble on 9/11 and my heart broke for those lost and their families.

When the bombings in Madrid happened I was gripped with fear because I was in Japan and a long, long way from home and again I cried and thought of the lost and their loved ones.

When I hear about the many terrorists attacks occuring all too frequently in Israel, Iraq, and too many other places around the world I shudder at the inhumane acts of humans. This morning when I turned on the TV again I cried.

When will it stop? How will it ever be brought to an end? God forgive us all and may God protect us and soften our hearts to let us all live in peace together no matter what our political, religious, ethnic or personal beliefs. And above all we can never be less than adamantly vigilant against the vile scourge of terrorism and its evil-hearted perpetrators.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, our British friends. We know the depth of your loss, we feel the heaviness of your heart, and we have wept as you now weep. As we learned in Oklahoma City, "Our hearts are broken, but not our spirit. We will go on, we will survive."

We wish you healing and hopefully in time, a peaceful, forgiving heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home